The IRI works with partners and stakeholders on a series of issues that have a direct impact on the creation of long-term value for both investors and society. The Initiative engages in applied research to promote the generation of long-term wealth, in the areas of responsible real estate investing, responsible investment consulting, small and medium enterprises, and mission investing for foundations. See the Publications page for a list of and links to IRI publications.
Areas of Concentration
The IRI is currently engaged in research in the following areas:
- Impact investing and public policy through the Global Impact Investing Policy Project.
- Mission investing for foundations with the Mission Investors Exchange.
- Place-based investment and capital absorption.
- Responsible investment and public pension funds with the Trustee Leadership Forum.
Additional IRI research activity includes:
- Development of alternative theories of investment across asset classes
- Post-disaster recovery funds and community investment
- Creation of a responsible investment curriculum in higher education
- Tracking of corporate social responsibility disclosure requirements globally